Friday, May 12, 2017
Watercolor Tags with Brushos and STAMPlorations
Hi my dear crafty friends!
I want to give you step by step instructions for these two watercolor tags. I used one of my Brusho backgrounds. I love to play with these awesome powders.
1. Create a background with Brusho powders. I alternate in adding water with a spray bottle and Brusho pigments until I am happy.
2. I have a homemade tag stencil with which I can choose where to cut my tags from.
3. I ended up with these two backgrounds:
4. To add some texture to them I use the ARTplorations stencils "Nestled Circles", "Square Links" and "Tribal Swirl". Instead of adding any color through the stencils, I only add water with a spray bottle.
5. Remove the stencil and let the color react with the water. Dab it off with a paper towel. You'll end up with some pretty ghosting textures.
6. My background is not done yet. I add some splatters for more interest.
7. Now it's time to stamp the main images and the titles. I use black pigment ink together with the "Small Birds" and the " Large Hummingbird" stamp set.
8. The sentiments are from the "Font Expressions" and "Follow your Arrow" sets.
9. Finally I color the images. I use Pastel Pencils for the first one...
... and colored pencils for the second.
Thank you for stopping by today!!!
Products from STAMPlorations:
Small Birds - The Bee's Knees
Font Expressions 2
Follow Your Arrow
Products from ARTplorations: